By Jena Branco, Marketing Coordinator, Brand & Marketing Communications, SECL
Need to make a quick, simple and healthy dinner? This one sheet pan chicken fajita recipe is exactly that. A bit of prep time is required, but then your oven does all the work. I love that I can cook all the ingredients on the same sheet pan so all the flavours blend together. You’ll know that this will become a family favourite, so why not try it tonight?
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Bell Peppers – seeds removed, julienned about ¼” thick – for a colourful dish, use red, yellow, and green bell peppers
- 1 Spanish Onion – julienned to about ¼” thick
- 1 – 1 ½ lb Chicken Tenders
- Fajita seasoning (I use store-bought Old El Paso Fajita or Chili packet to cut down on time)
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prep your bell peppers and onions, and throw into a mixing bowl. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and coat with 1/3 of the fajita seasoning packet. Place peppers and onions onto the sheet pan.
- Rinse chicken tenders and pat dry with paper towel. Drizzle the tenders with olive oil and coat the tenders with the remaining fajita seasoning. Place tenders on top of the peppers & onions.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, squeeze some lime juice over top … and serve. I like adding freshly chopped cilantro before serving.
This dish is so versatile and can be served so many different ways. Serve on tortilla wraps or lettuce wraps for a healthier option, or with Spanish rice or quinoa, and/or refried beans.
Customize with some of your favourite toppings (but not limited to): sour cream, salsa, shredded Tex Mex cheese, avocado slices, guacamole, jalapenos, or black olives.
You’ll know that this will become a family favourite, so why not try it tonight?
Using the 24″ Sharp Superheated Steam Oven (SSC2489DS), I cooked this dish using the Supersteam Roast function at 400°F for 14 minutes.