By Jena Branco, Marketing Coordinator, Brand & Marketing Communications, SECL
This creamy and decadent New York-Style cheesecake recipe will deliver a moist, crack-free dessert worthy of serving your family and friends. #cheesecake #recipeshare
During this pandemic, serving up mini cheesecakes with your family’s desired individual topping is great for that non-sharing treat. Using my favourite cheesecake recipe, I have modified it to create the perfect mini cheesecakes. The modified recipe will yield six 4″ baked mini cheesecakes.
Here’s what you will need:
FOR THE CRUST
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, from 12 whole crackers
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
FOR THE FILLING
- 16 oz (two 8-oz blocks) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon packed lemon zest, from 1 small lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, from 1 small lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Hint for Individual Cheesecakes:
- Follow the step-by-step instructions as Chef Jenn Segal outlined in her New York-Style cheesecake recipe.
- Use non-stick 4″ x 1 3/4″ springform pans for easy release. I measured out about 3 tablespoons of the crust mixture per mini springform pan; and 3 ladles of the filling mixture per mini springform pan (batter is above halfway up the pan).
- If using a conventional oven, bake in a water bath at 325°F for 60 minutes.
- If using the Sharp 24″ Superheated Steam Oven (SSC2489DS), use the Steam Bake / Water Bath function and bake at 270°F for 60 minutes (uncovered).
- Let cool, remove from pan, and top individually with their favourite berries or fruit compote, or serve plain … however way you serve these mini cheesecakes, your family and friends will enjoy every bite.
The post Moist-est New York Style Cheesecake Ever appeared first on Simply Better Living Canada.