Scones can be sweet or savoury, perfect with coffee and tea, and can be served at baby showers, bridal showers, brunch, snack time, bake sales, Mother’s Day, and wherever muffins or coffee are appropriate. (Which is all the time!)
This scone recipe is so easy to make, that you may already have all the ingredients in your pantry.
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup Milk
- ½ cup melted unsalted Butter
- Preheat conventional oven to 400°C (or 375°C on a convection oven).
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add egg, milk, and butter. Combine mixture well, and form a dough.
- Put in fridge for 10 minutes for dough to firm up.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll into 12 evenly sized balls, and place onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 13-15 mins until lightly golden.
- Add 1 cup of your favourite berries for a wonderful fruit scone.
- Top with medium or aged chedder cheese for a nice savoury scone.