By Jena Branco, Marketing Coordinator, Brand & Marketing Communications, SECL
Today is World Kindness Day, an international holiday that was formed in 1998, to promote kindness throughout the world. Although is It generally observed annually on November 13 as part of the World Kindness Movement, it could be argued that it should be practiced on a daily basis. Many countries including the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia and the U.A.E. observe this day.
This day is an opportunity to reflect upon one of the most important and unifying human principles. From the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, they outlined these seven little ways that you can do today to show kindness but hopefully incorporate it in your daily life:
- Send an uplifting text to a friend or relative
- Let another driver merge into traffic with a wave and a smile
- Inject kindness, laughter and delight into your daily routine
- Go outside your comfort zone to make someone smile
- Share a compliment with a co-worker or friend
- Reach out to someone you haven’t spoken with in a while
- Treat someone to a cup of coffee
On that last point, a friend of mine sent me this photo that made her smile and reminded her that humanity still exist, especially in these unprecedented times when people are unemployed or down on their luck. Let us show both large and small acts of kindness, let’s promote this concept and let’s bring people of every background together!
P.S. Your friendship means the world to me, and I want to thank you for your support yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Let’s catch up over coffee soon …